I had another spare evening, so I textured the cabin. Now it looks like a truck!
I’m happy enough with this, even though the windows look like they are just decals (that’s because they are). I probably could have googled some nice textures but I’m forcing myself to become more familiar with Gimp and the tablet. I’m continuing to improve the texturing process – the cabin is somewhat more complicated than the container was, and I accomplished it in roughly the same amount of time. The greatest time sink was messing around with the windows to make them look good.
There’s some odd blobs in the bottom left of the texture; I have internal polygons that I didn’t delete when I prepared the UV map. Since there internal, I don’t need to texture them, so I didn’t.
The last stages are to texture the truck body, the grill in front, and the mudguards. I have Wednesday/Thursday night free, so I’m going to try to knock this out by the end of the week.
A part of me wants to invest hours into making a better looking texture, however the goal is to finish the project so I can move on to the next set of Blender tutorials. I’ll level up my drawing ability some other day.